Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Forgiveness

Sin.  We all have it; we all struggle with it.  For quite a while now, I have struggled with one particular, persistent sin, and sometimes it really gets me discouraged.  Today has definitely been one of those days.  I just couldn't seem to overcome it today; in fact, at one point, I felt as though I didn't really even WANT to overcome it!  Talk about a devastating realization!  What a wake up call!


Throughout 2011, my goal is to read through Psalms/Proverbs twice- one chapter a day (with the exception of Psalm 119, which I will probably split into a few days).  God is so good and faithful!  Today's Psalm was JUST what I needed!  Psalm 32:1-2a & 5 say, "Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.  Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity.... I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, 'I will confess my transgression to the LORD.' and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah"  Amazing!  The very sin I'm struggling with has already been covered by the cross!  My transgression is forgiven and my sin is covered! God doesn't even count it against me!  What a wonderful, encouraging truth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment