Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Right Now I'm...

Listening: A few Friday nights ago, I crawled in bed at 7:30 with my laptop and my PS I Love You DVD.  Since then, the score from that delightful film has been stuck in my head.  My favorite is "To Eire," which I've also made my ringtone. Yes.  I realize this makes me slightly nerdy.  I'm totally ok with that.


Watching: I finished up Gilmore Girls this weekend (for like the 5th time), so I dove right back in to Scandal.  I'm so excited for my shows to come back at the end of the month! 


Reading: This is the time of year I always pick up my copy of Karen Kingsbury's A Thousand Tomorrows.  I absolutely adore this book, which is a love story about a bull-riding cowboy and a cystic-fibrosis-fighting barrel racer.  I cry at the end every single time, but it's just soooo good!


Eating: Ice cream with fresh peaches.  The peaches are kinda hit-and-miss with their tastiness, but add a scoop or two of Blue Bunny Vanilla, and you've got yourself quite a tasty treat! 


Wishing: That it was easier to patiently wait for God's plan and timing.  I think that's my "always" wish.  


Needing: This weather to stick around for the next 6 months!  I'm LOVING the 60's temps and sunshine!  If it could stick around for at least a few weeks, I might actually find time to get outside with my sister and her family for a photo shoot!


Rejoicing: I found my voice!  Unfortunately, my surgery in March didn't completely remove the possibility for sinus infection.  I spent the weekend battling it out with another nasty one, although at least it wasn't as bad as what I used to get before the surgery.  With this came an unusual case of laryngitis; unusual in that I don't remember ever getting laryngitis with a sinus infection in the past.  I'm finally on the mend and feeling MUCH better; in fact, this is the best I've felt in a week, and boy am I glad!


Indulging: Hot tea with honey.  There's nothing I like more when I'm suffering from a sinus infection (and apparently this time laryngitis, too) than a nice hot cup of honey-laced tea!  I've had several gallons in the past week.


Loathing: Worms.  It was kinda rainy yesterday morning, and with the rain seems to always come the worms.  I just loath the smell that permeates the air when worms are out.  Also, there is this detail of my gag reflex always enacting when I see worms.  It's disgusting. 


Saying: Well, with a case of laryngitis, I haven't been saying much at all over the last three or four days.  I'm sure my family has enjoyed the quiet.  :)


Meditating: Our church is doing a new children's program on Wednesday nights: Scripture Seekers. The idea is that every week the kids have a small passage of Scripture they read every day (Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday).  Each day, they read the same passage and then answer a different question about it.  Since I'm helping, I also received a notebook in which to participate, and this week we're talking about Mary, the mother of Jesus.  I always enjoy reading about and studying Mary.  She found favor with God.  That's pretty cool!


Picturing: Mostly, I'm picturing this-


I can't WAIT for the leaves to turn & fall!!!

And this-


I can't WAIT to go see my best Helen next weekend for a pre-birthday Birthday weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment