Saturday, March 28, 2015

Right Now I'm...

Listening: I heard a new song on the radio the other day called "Dear Future Husband" and I got a kick out of it.


Watching: Well... I made the mistake of borrowing the first season of Army Wives from my sister the other day... and I'm SO HOOKED! The best part: the final season aired a few years ago, so the entire series is out on DVD! No waiting to find out what happens next. I've always had a soft spot for the military, and this show just made it that much bigger!


Reading: I'm a little bit between books right now, but I'm thinking of picking up a Dee Henderson novel again or maybe reading my copy of Killing Kennedy I got for Christmas. SO many good options!


Working on: Well... I'm quite proud of myself this month, actually.  I was inspired by a friend (simply by her example) to focus on my running. Inspiration hit at about 10pm on March 8, and I ran at 5:45am on March 9.  I haven't missed a single day since then, and I'm up to about 2.3 miles a day.  That's an approximated guess because I run on a trampoline (which is better for my "old lady" knees!). I actually LOVE running, and I'm so glad I started in earnest again.  It's honestly one of the best parts of my day!  And bonus: I'm starting to feel healthier just by this simple change!!


Indulging: Water.  Crazy, huh? But my inspirational friend actually told me that she drinks like 100+ oz a day, and I thought it couldn't hurt.  I've been drinking between 80-120 oz a day for the last three weeks, and I've kind of developed a "taste" for it.  I always hated water before, but now I can't survive without drinking lots!


Wishing: hmmm.... for spring temperatures to stick around.  And for a few other things, but as always, waiting seems to be the theme of my life right now!


Needing: hmmm.... answers and direction? But I suppose that goes back to the previous statement about waiting. 

Rejoicing: My sister's friend (and my friend through the interwebs) has been waiting for a lung transplant due to cystic fibrosis for years, and she has been in the hospital for like over six months waiting for new lungs.  AND... a few weeks ago, she got them!!! I'm so happy for her and her family (she is a young wife and mother)!

Reflecting: On the things I take for granted.  Family close by.  A rent-free living arrangement. A job with co-workers I get to have fun with even NOT on the clock. A great church. So many things I take for granted... but should be thankful for daily! 


Picturing: A few weeks ago, I bought this daily calendar from Karen Kingsbury and her daughter Kelsey's "Possibilities" line.  A few days ago, the quote really stuck with me. I just felt like that's where I am right now.  I want my life to make a difference in someone else's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment