Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Right Now I'm...

Listening: I'm on quite the country kick lately.  There's a new song out by Kelsea Ballerini called "Love Me Like You Mean It," and I'm loving it!  I shared it with my sister, and she loves it too!

Watching: At this very moment? I have The Phantom of the Opera cued up and ready to start just as soon as I'm done here.  TV wise, though, I've been on a Chicago Fire run. I randomly started watching it a month ago, and I LOVE it! 

Reading: Dee Henderson's book The Protector, which is about Chicago firefighter Jack O'Malley. I forget how much I love the O'Malley series until I pick it up again.

Working on: my tan?  We all know how I feel about the outdoors, but I do like to get a little sun in the summer. 
Indulging: Summer is here, so my indulgence of choice lately has been ice-cream.  I'm a huge fan of vanilla shakes, oreo blizzards, and rootbeer floats, just in case anyone feels the need to bring one by the bank....

Wishing: right now? I'm just wishing I can hold on to this feeling of happiness. It's been a good month. What can I say?

Needing: Absolutely nothing. I'm good for the moment.  God has everything in control, so I don't even "need" answers right now.  I'm just working on trusting Him.

Rejoicing: That I got to spend Father's Day with my incredible daddy.  I know so many children who missed their fathers on Sunday; I also know some fathers who missed being with their children.  I forget, sometimes, how blessed I am to spend time with my father whenever I want, not to mention the fact that I'm lucky enough to still live at home! Such a blessing!

Reflecting on: We're talking about the fruit of the spirit in children's church on Sundays, and the second fruit is JOY. I explained to the children that the difference between joy and happiness is that one is a feeling based on your circumstances. My joy is not dependent upon my circumstances.  I've been really convicted about that over the last six or so weeks we've been talking about the fruit of the spirit. I can be joyful at all times. Even when life is crazy or isn't going the way or the pace I think it should. God is in control, and that itself is reason enough for me to be joyful!

Picturing: Sunday. With Slappy. I was "slapped in the face" with the reminder that she'll be a SENIOR this year.  Time goes too fast; life is short. Cherish the moments and make memories when the opportunities arise.



No comments:

Post a Comment