Monday, December 7, 2015

Right Now I'm... {Christmas Edition}

Listening: I've heard this song many, many times, but never before this year has it resonated with me. I can't pinpoint exactly why I find it so emotionally connective this year, but Karen Carpenter's "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" is my new favorite! If you haven't heard it... here ya go:


Watching: Christmas movies, of course! One of my favorite Christmas sets is The Santa Clause trilogy. But "It's a Wonderful Life" is also a holiday must!

Reading: Obviously, Christmas books.  Most of those are kid books though. I recently purchased two new books to add to my collection: An Otis Christmas & The First Christmas Night.
I'm also, as per usual, going to grab my copy of "Starry Night" (book 8/Christmas book 2 in the Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn). It's a juvenile fiction book, but I just love it.

Working on:  My 2015 Shutterfly yearbook. I started doing this several years ago instead of "manual scrapbooking" which takes a LOT of time, effort, creativity, and money. Shutterfly books are NOT cheap, but since I'm a Kelloggs rewards member, they send me a $20 Shutterfly coupon for my birthday every year, so that makes it almost cheap!

Wishing: Several things... (1) that Waterloo wasn't so far away. My friend showed me a promo for their Christmas program showing this coming weekend, and it looks amazing, but alas, I'm not sure I have the time or desire to drive several hours to see it. (2) That December 18 would hurry up and get here so HELEN WILL BE HOME!!! (3) That I could snap my fingers and instantly be amazingly successful at my new job, but once again... takes time. (4) That any major snowfall will wait until AFTER January 2, so I can move in to my new apartment and not have to deal with sloppy, snowy nastiness.

Needing: Some furniture for my new place.  And money to fund said furniture purchases. 

Rejoicing: That even when I am weak, my God strongly works through me! Yesterday was my birthday, and sadly, I woke up not feeling all too well, but I had piano duties at church, and who wants to be sick on their birthday, so I just skipped breakfast and didn't tell anyone. Thankfully it passed, and by Sunday School time, I was feeling better.  However, ten seconds in to the morning worship service, I was hit with another wave of bleh. God brought me through though, and by mid service, I was feeling fine again. I think I just have something out in my back & hip, so going to the chiropractor should fix that right up! Oh... and also rejoicing that my boss texted me this morning and told me to take the day off in honor of my birthday!

Reflecting on: the goodness of God over the past year.  Birthdays are a good time for reflection (both my birthday and Jesus'). God has brought me to, through, and beyond so many things over the past 12 months, and I'm so thankful for His continued work in my life!

Picturing: This... in 11 days!



1 comment: