Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Girls Gone...Wise?
In today's culture, it's not just the girls who have gone wild. You can't even run to the grocery store without encountering "wildness!" It's everywhere: magazines, billboards, advertisements, even people! One of my goals for 2011 is to read more "Bible-Help" books. Bible-Help books are unlike self-help books in that they are geared toward the God-loving woman who seeks to better please Him. The first book I've chosen to go through was recommended to me shortly after I arrived at CBC. In her book Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild, Mary Kassian takes us on a journey through the Proverbs where she will compare for us the Wild Woman and the Wise Woman. I plan to do my studies on Thursday evenings and will try to blog after each chapter. I began last week with the intro. You know it's going to be a good book when you're convicted even before you hit the first chapter! I'm really looking forward to getting into this book! Stay tuned!
Labels:
Book Nook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment