Monday, August 1, 2011

Somewhere Between Here and the End of the Book

Have you ever met one of those people who think reading the last chapter of a book is a good way to decide whether or not to read the entire thing? Ya, I'm not one of those people.  And to be perfectly honest, those people annoy me!

Life has been pretty crazy over the last couple of months.  For those of you who've been keeping up with me, you know exactly what I mean.  For those of you who haven't, well... read some of my posts from the last few months, and you'll figure it out. The latest development hit me Saturday night.  My best friend and little sister, Laura, dropped the bomb on us that, in accordance with the Lord's leading in her life, she would be attending Faith Baptist Bible College for her education.  The original plan was for both of us to attend Iowa Wesleyan College together in the fall.

I was a big fan of the original plan.  In fact, I was a big advocate of the original plan.  We were both excited about going to school together again.  Then there's the bomb shell: Faith. Now, before you think I'm  being totally hypocritical (considering that FBBC was my first college of choice), I'd like to say that I am SUPER excited for Laura!  She feels the Lord leading her into missions/education.  What better place to mesh the two than Faith?  I know she's gonna love it... I just also know that I'm going to MISS HER like crazy!

I've been sitting here for over two hours processing it all just one more time.  I'm not ready for my best friend to leave.  I'm not ready to things to change.  I'm not ready to lose my constant ally, companion, and  confidant. I'm definitely not ready to give up my personal dessert chef! But God doesn't work on my timetable, and although it doesn't feel like it right this second, I'm glad for that.  Isaiah 55:8-9 promises that His thoughts/ways are higher/better than ours, so who am I to argue?!

But for the first time in my life, I kinda feel like one of those people.  You know... the ones I was talking about in the beginning... the ones who always have to read the last chapter first. I used to think of my life as one big book with many chapters.  Then one day, I realized that all the BEST books always have a sequel... or better yet (Karen Kingsbury) dozens of others to follow.  So I decided my life is more like a series of books. Each one uniquely titled and written by the best Author of all. I just think if I could skip to the last chapter of this particular book and see how it all ends, I might enjoy the rest of the story a little more.  Thankfully, with God in control, I don't have to worry about how it will end.  I just have to trust that it will work out for our good and for His glory.  For now, I guess I'm just stuck somewhere between here and the end of the book.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Lacy...Wow! Putting a few bits and pieces together here and there, this is exactly what I was thinking. I've been praying for you, my dear. I mean that. ;) I'm so thankful that what seems in life to be a surprise to us is NEVER a surprise to our sovereign God. He's still operating under "Plan A." Lacy, He's working in and through you, and you get to trust that even THIS circumstance is going to make you more like Christ...even the "being stuck somewhere between here and the end of the book." ;)

    I love you, my dear! I'm excited for you; I'm excited to watch and see just what God is going to do with your life and how He'll use you for His glory. Really...this is exciting! :) Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your adventures...and to your visits to the office, right?! <3

    ReplyDelete