Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How Cool Are You?!

Ok, it's officially HOT outside!  For those of you who've been wondering why on earth I'd ever want to leave southeast Iowa for the mountains of Colorado, here's your answer: HUMIDITY (Iowa has a surplus; Colorado has zilch!)!  I loath and despise the stuff!  Have you BEEN outside today? Yikes!  Talk about instant heat stroke!

In light of the fiery temperatures outside this week, I thought I would share with you 10 things this weather is good for:

  1. Ice cream
  2. Swimming
  3. Ice cube wars
  4. Movie marathons (inside... basking in the central air)!
  5. Eating cold foods like salads, sub sandwiches, etc. (avoid using the oven!)
  6. Water Balloon Fights- any kind of water fights!
  7. Slushies, smoothies, & blended coffee drinks
  8. Jet Skiing (one of my personal favorites!)
  9. Scrapbooking (this is good in any weather- during THIS weather, you should make sure you're in an air-conditioned location!)
  10. Singing Christmas Carols (mind over matter, right?!)

DISCLAIMER: This should by no means be taken as an indication of my endorsement of such weather. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment