Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Seasons of Change

I think I may have mentioned this before, but just in case you've forgotten, this is my absolute most favorite time of year!  The weather is changing, and the promise of winter is in the air.  The changing leaves remind us of God's perfect plan for His creation as they drift to the ground.  My three favorite holidays are just around the corner:  Thanksgiving, the day AFTER Thanksgiving, and Christmas!

As some of you know (and all of you will know after reading this post), life has been pretty crazy for me over the last few weeks.  I'll give you the short rundown here, but if you really want to know every single little detail, I can probably send you a seventy-five page e-mail later. :)  Last weekend, I had a little mid-life crisis.  This scares me a little bit because I'm only 22.  I hope that doesn't mean I'll be dying at 44!!

Anyhow, I was sitting at my desk working on my homework, and it hit me:  I really don't want to do this!  Now, it wasn't just the typical college kid "I hate homework and would rather be doing ANYTHING else!" kind of thing. It was more of an "I definitely do not want to do this for the rest of my life" kind of realization.  This realization, combined with a large number of other things God brought to my attention sealed the deal. So the short version is that last Monday, I withdrew as a student at Iowa Wesleyan College effective immediately.  I got a pretty sweet refund out of the whole ordeal, and I am SOOO much happier and at peace with my life!

God is so good to us, is He not?  I knew for positive sure that He was leading me back to school, so it was hard for me to understand at first why He would lead me away from college half way through my first semester back. However, after thinking it over during the last week, I came to this conclusion:  God led me back to school so that He could SHOW me why He doesn't want me to be a teacher.  I tend to be a little hard-headed, and God knows that, so He told me the only way I would listen (or at least the way I would listen the fastest).  I'm so thankful that God works very suddenly in my life; otherwise, I'm afraid I would over think things and rationalize my own agenda.

So now what, you may ask?  Well, that's a very good question.  I applied for a few full-time jobs.  One was in Des Moines, the other is pretty close to home.  Again, in keeping with the "short" version, I can tell you I'm pretty sure that I will NOT be moving to Des Moines.  I have not yet been offered the job, and there were just a number of other things that led me to believe God had other plans for me at this time.

I have applied for what I think will be the perfect job (close to home!!), but I have yet to hear whether or not they are considering me for the position.  I am definitely qualified, as it is a secretarial position, and that is what I went to college for!  I'm really hoping and praying that God will open the door to this huge potential pseudo-ministry! 

As soon as I know for sure what's going on in my life, I'll be sure to let you all know too!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment