Thursday, April 19, 2012

Greener Grass?

Do you ever feel like everyone else you know has a more exciting life than yours?  Like the grass really IS greener on the other side of the fence?  Like everyone else is doing exciting, wonderful things with their lives while you sit idly by watching it all take place?

Join the club.

I feel like that quite often.

I definitely have been feeling like that lately. Everyone seems to be going along great, having exciting things happening in their lives.

But here's the thing: no matter what happens, whether it be good, bad, or otherwise, life goes on. And no matter how exciting I think someone else's life looks, I have my own story to tell, and chances are that someone out there is looking at MY life wishing they could trade places with me.

When I look at life from that perspective, I realize just how great my life really is!  I have great friends, an amazing family, and a job I love.  I definitely have things I'd like to change in my life, but for the most part, I can't complain.

A week ago, I was looking forward to spending the summer living with my best friend/little sister, Helen, and spending time with my friends Thomas and Shelly.  I was looking forward to having my own space in my own apartment with my own kitchen. 

That was last week.

This weekend, I was looking forward to remaining happy & comfortable in my current living situation, saying "goodbye" to Helen & Shelly in a few weeks, and spending the summer alone.

Then God, in His endless mercy and kindness, showed me that He has things under control.  Always.

While I was out doing a little retail therapy the other night, I ran into an aquaintance. Ten minutes later, I realized we'd been chatting like old friends, and I was really glad I'd crossed her path!  She was a huge encouragement to me.  She even invited me to hang out with them this summer at their bonfires! 

Then a potential housing situation opened.  I don't know for sure if/when that will happen, but it would be perfect, and I'm looking forward to seeing how God will provide!

Then I remembered that Thomas is officially "moving" to Ankeny after graduation.  And I got a call from my dear friend Amy, who lives in the area.  And Gwen invited me to bonfires. 

Now, I'm looking forward to watching God provide different housing as HE wills, spending the summer with great friends all around me, and praising God for His goodness!

Maybe the grass isn't greener on the otherside of the fence after all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment