Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Changing & Growing

Things rarely go exactly as planned, am I right?

Well, the Total Body Cleanse is no different. I haven't done exactly what I planned, but I can still tell a definite difference in my life!  About the only thing I haven't done is refrain from watching movies.  I haven't watched any on my own just because, but I spent Sunday afternoon being lazy with my sister, Helen, and we watched a movie.  Then Sunday night, I watched a movie with Helen & her host family.  Well... I kinda watched it.  I wasn't a huge fan of the Dark Knight (Batman movie).  Too dark for me.  So I probably only actually watched about half of it. Tomorrow, Helen's host brother Caleb (who is quickly  becoming one of my absolute most favorite people) is having surgery, so I'm heading over there tomorrow evening for a movie night with him.  I've gotta say... I'm looking forward to it!

With the exception of the movies, I've pretty much kept up with everything else.  I've been doing my devos every morning, and with the exception of today (I wasn't feeling very well yesterday/this morning) I've been exercising every morning as well!  I have been listening to Christian music and reading christian books.  

The whole purpose of this cleanse was to change my focus.  To take my focus off of me and my material goods and ON to Christ and my walk with Him.  I can definitely tell the difference in my spiritual life, and that EXCITES me!

I'm not getting through my memorization of Romans 6 quite as quickly as I planned, but I've still managed to memorize 8 verses so far, and for me... that's pretty great!

As far as a life update, the last few weeks have been quite busy! Two weekends ago, Helen and I went to a wedding, which was wonderful.  Then I spent all day Sunday resting because I wasn't feeling well.  

This past weekend was in a word: AWESOME!!! I had SOOO much fun!  Friday night, I watched Fireproof with Bob & Joy (the couple that so graciously rents me a room in their basement).  Saturday morning, I had a meeting at work, and then I headed over to the Peterson's (Laura's host family & our pastor's family) to spend the rest of the day helping with Caleb's graduation party.  Sunday consisted of church, where I was able to catch up with a few faces AND hear an excellent message, followed by laziness.

Well... that's all for now.  Helen & I head home Friday evening to spend the weekend with our family.  Saturday we'll (most likely) be helping with VBS/VBS program, followed by a nail party at my sister's house.  Sunday is Father's day, so we'll spend the day with the best daddy in the whole entire world.  I got my dad something... sentimental... for Father's day this year.  I'm praying that God will work with me on the weather... we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment