Friday, June 1, 2012

Total Body Cleanse

Today I started a self-made program I'm calling the Total Body Cleanse.  Basically, I'm spending three weeks making little changes in my life physically, mentally, and spiritually.

My friend recently did a lemonade diet called the Master Cleanse or something like that, and I realized that just like she cleansed her body of all the bad gunk in her system (you can look it up online by googling the lemonade diet... not that I recommend it), I needed to cleanse all the bad gunk out of my life!

So, for the next three weeks, I will be saturating my life with Christ.  I have banned secular music/radio, books, movies, etc., and replaced it all with Christian alternatives. I am only allowed to watch one movie and one tv episode per week (one of which should be Christian, the other of which should be Lawrence Welk... lol). I plan to memorize Romans 6, read several Christian books I've been putting off, and focus on doing longer daily devotions accompanied by prayer. Monday through Friday I will be getting up earlier and exercising before work.

I BEGAN today.

I will complete the CHALLENGE on June 22.

It IS going to be harder than I thought.

I AM going to need people praying for me.

I WILL be calling in reinforcements to keep me accountable.

With GOD'S strength, I will successfully complete this program and make some permanent life changes.

I can't wait to let you all know how it turns out!

Stay tuned for progress!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin it Laquee - Im sending you a "sorry for the loss of your pet" card RIGHT now!
    but really - its encouraging to know that you are serious about making lasting changes to use your time for eternity! Glad you realize the necessity of help. Im in the same boat - all or nothin for Christ.
    Ill pray for you
    much love
    daniel

    ReplyDelete