So anyone that knows me won't find this too shocking, but I've been feeling kinda emotional lately. Homesick, if you will. Not homesick in the "I just wanna go home to mommy" kinda way, but in the "I miss Helen... and Caleb... and Fogell... and SUMMER!!!" kinda way.
The fact is that life changes. Whether we want it to or not, life just keeps on moving, and change is unavoidable. I've been reflecting a lot lately on where I was six months ago, and how perfect life was. Sometimes when I look back on things that were really, really great, I find myself wishing I'd savored the moments more... that I'd taken time to appreciate what I had when I had it.
And as I was driving home from church last night, thinking about how many wonderful Pie Rush Wednesdays we had this summer, I waited for that "I wish I'd savored it more" feeling to come over me. But it never came. I realized that probably for the first time in my life, I'd actually taken the time to savor the little moments. To drink in the memories. To live in the moment, not worrying about what was to come. And even though I would LOVE to have just one more day of that incredible summer, I also have no regrets.
Because I spent every moment of the summer enjoying life to the fullest. And the memories I have from that (and the lesson I learned about how rewarding it is to actually savor the moment) will last for life.
Great reminder, Lacy. One of my favorite quotes I've been pondering a lot..."A change in my circumstances doesn't mean a change in my God, but it could lead to a change in my heart." (Tripp) Thanks, dear one, for sharing your heart and life; I will pray for you right now. I love you and send a (((hug))) across the miles.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Of course I still read your blog! Every one. :)