Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sometimes God Says...

Sometimes God says "yes;"
Sometimes God says "no;"
Sometimes God says "not right now;
You've still got a ways to go."

Sometimes God says "just be patient;"
Sometimes God says "slow;"
Sometimes God says "trust in Me,"
After all, He already knows.

Sometimes God says "Please, Enjoy!"
Sometimes God says "Whoa!"
Sometimes God says, "Read My Book;"
There's still much room to grow!"

Sometimes God says "wait"
Sometimes God says "test;"
Sometimes God says "Come to Me
And I will give you rest."

Sometimes God says "maybe."
Sometimes God says "yes."
Sometimes God says "later."
But His way's always best.


This is a little poem I wrote that basically sums up everything I've been going through over the last two months.  Trusting God during trials is not easy, but it's always worth it in the end.  It's hard to see the "why" when I'm focused on the "what," but God never does anything that isn't for my good, and I know that even when I'm in discomfort, He has a plan. Thanks to all who have been praying with me (and will continue to pray, I hope!); it's made all the difference!

My mom has been telling me over and over that maybe this is just what God wants for me right now, and I should make the best of the opportunity to grow.  But it's SO HARD!  Then, last night, God brought a character from the Bible to my mind that I've studied many, many times since three-year-old Sunday School: Jonah.  God told Jonah to go to Nineveh.  He didn't say, "I want you to go to this general area, and choose whatever city makes you the most comfortable."  He didn't say, "I want you to go to any city that makes you happy and minister to whatever Ninevites happen to be there."  No.  He said, "Jonah, go to Nineveh."

And Jonah's sin was saying, "NO!"

And it ruined the rest of his miserable life.

So I'm choosing RIGHT NOW to start saying "Yes" to my "Nineveh."  Now, I realize that my location is nothing like the extreme sinfulness of Nineveh, but I can still be a witness and have a ministry there.  I know it will be a daily decision for happiness, and I definitely know it won't be easy.  But I'm thankful for God's use of Jonah to remind me that sometimes all He wants from me is my obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment