Tuesday, October 22, 2013

An Autumn Favorite

Maybe it's the weather: the overcast skies, the chill in the air, the Artist's spectacular handiwork in the changing of the leaves. Maybe it's the sweaters and the scarves and the boots.  Or the opportunity to drink hot coffee (or tea, if you have a sore throat like I do at present) nonstop without judgement.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something about this time of year that completely changes me.  I go from being a nice normal laid back (HA!  When does this EVER describe me, right?) gal who enjoys music to an OBSESSED CRAZY FANATIC of something completely out of the ordinary:

Celtic Thunder.

Have you HEARD these guys?!  I remember exactly when I fell in love with them.  I was a Freshman at Faith, casually perusing the public library for some "approved" tunes, when I found "Celtic Thunder The Show" on CD. I thought to myself, "Hmmm.... this looks promising."  So I picked it up, played it as I drove around town (because the opening notes assured me it was NOT an approved selection), and

Completely.

Fell.

In Love!

Then last October, the greatest thing happened: Celtic Thunder came to Des Moines!  And of course, I, being the rational individual I am, decided not to go because I chose instead to take Helen on a sister date to see Beauty and the Beast (and I couldn't afford both).  On the night of the concert, I remember calling my dad crying because I wanted to go SO BADLY!

Anyhow, missed opportunities, tears of regret, you know the drill.

I can't say exactly what it is, but there comes a moment every Autumn for the past five years when the day is just crisp enough, and the sky just overcast enough that I am inspired to pull out my favorite Celtic Thunder CD (so far) and put it on in my car.

That day was about two weeks ago.  And it has been on constant replay ever since.  And I just can't get enough!

Here is a preview of my favorite CD "Voyage" for your listening enjoyment.  So listen... and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment