Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful November, 2013

YAY! It's finally November again!

For the last two years, I've done a "Thankful Thoughts" November, and I've decided to keep it up again this year.  I'll [try] to post about something for which I am thankful every day for the entire month. 

Day 1- Thanksgiving

I know, I know.  It's still weeks away, but I just get practically giddy over the thought!  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and for me, it is the kick-off to the entire holiday season.  Thanksgiving is great for so many reasons, but I'll just list five for now:

  1. An entire day dedicated to giving thanks to God.  It encourages us to BE THANKFUL!  Something totally lost on the average American.
  2. Vance Family Dinner.  If you know the Vance clan, this is self explanatory.  We've hosted Thanksgiving for my dad's immediate family for as long as I can remember (with the exception of one or two years).  
  3. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  We've missed this the last few years because of the conversion to digital television, which was completely lost on the Vance household, but I will have fond memories of this tv-watching event from my childhood until I'm old and in the home.  Maybe longer.
  4. Pumpkin Pie.  Fake-n-Bake cinnamon rolls. Coffee.  Three staples of Thanksgiving day in our house. Can't have Thanksgiving without 'em.
  5.  The excitement and anticipation it stirs inside of me.  Most people get this feeling after Thanksgiving in anticipation of Christmas.  But me?  I get this feeling November 1 and keep it until January 2.  I LOVE this time of year.  Who doesn't, right?  But there's just something special about knowing that for the next two months I'll see way more of my family than usual (immediate and extended), most of it spent around extremely delicious food!

No comments:

Post a Comment