Sunday, May 4, 2014

5 Thankful Things: April

1.  I'm thankful that I was cleared during my post-op check-up to return to normal activity.  I'm also thankful that, three weeks later, I was prescribed some really good meds to clear up an infection that was causing some serious discomfort.  I'm feeling much better now!

2. I'm thankful for the time spent with family during April.  We had the girls (Beth & Alexxa) several weekends. We also had some cousins and Grandpa Vance over for an Easter dinner, along with Lindsey's family.

3.  I'm thankful that, with April, came some much warmer temperatures.  I've been able to wear sandals to work pretty much every day!

4.  I'm thankful for pinterest!  I know, that sounds ridiculous, but it sure made it easy for me to come up with Easter materials for Children's Church!  We spent the whole month talking about the crucifixion and resurrection.  The kids really enjoyed it, and I think they learned a lot!

5.  I'm thankful for the fun shopping trips I had during April.  I went with the church ladies on a thrift store shopping spree one Saturday afternoon, which was great!  I got two really awesome records that totally made my day!  Another Saturday, I took my mom & her co-worker to Des Moines for a teacher thing at the Science Center, so I spent the day shopping at some of my favorite stores and got some super great bargains!  I also took a mini shopping trip to Burlington the other day and got a bargain sweater!  

No comments:

Post a Comment