Sunday, June 22, 2014

Right Now I'm...

Listening: I've got a handful of freshly added songs to my ipod playlist including: I Was Made to Love Her (Stevie Wonder), Livin' La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin), and Play It Again (Luke Bryan).  I also heard a new Jamie Grace song on the radio called "Do Life Big."  If you're looking for a fun new(ish) CCM artist, Jamie Grace is awesome! 


Watching: Scandal re-runs.  Love the drama and the "super-spy" stuff! 


Reading: Dee Henderson's new book "Undetected."  So far, I'm totally loving it!  I gave my dad a copy for Father's Day, and he's already finished with his!  


Eating: Hmmm... I can't really think of anything special to put here at the moment.  I suppose I could put ice-cream here.  I'm not usually a huge ice-cream person, but lately, it's been tastin' great! I'm a caramel butter pecan kinda girl usually. 


Wishing: That I wasn't single.  I know... I know... the right one will come along at the right time.  It's just that since Summer has arrived, my Facebook newsfeed is blowing up with weddings!  It gets depressing sometimes being always single.  That's all I'm sayin'. 


Needing: A new seat belt.  Random, huh? But the middle seat belt in my back seat hasn't worked since I got Mildred over a year ago.  My mom, however, did happen to remember to ask the local repair shop the other day if they could help me out with that situation, and all I need to do is get them some information, and they'll order one! YAY! 


Rejoicing: I had the most spectacular weekend!  I got to see a LOT of friends, some of whom I haven't seen in years!  It was just a beautiful weekend all around.  Yes, even the sunburn I acquired has me rejoicing! 


Indulging: Coffee.  And chocolate.  I'm trying to keep both to a minimum, but it's just so HARD!  


Loathing: Let's see... what am I loathing.  Probably I'm mostly loathing the fact that summer is going to go by all too quickly.  I can't believe that it's almost JULY.  I just don't know how to slow down the clock!  


Saying: The other day, while reading the local newspaper,  I came across this quote from a woman who attended a Steamboat Days concert (in reference to one of the musicians): "He's a fine hunk of good-looking man flesh!"  Needless to say, I got a huge kick out of that phrase, so it's been floating around here and there. Bahaha! 


Meditating: This morning's message was on the parable about the king who threw a wedding for his son, but no one who was invited would come.  Pastor Dudley focused on the point that the king offered repeated invitations, and how we need to be inviting others to come to Christ.  It was a really good message that will probably float around in my mind for a few days or weeks. 


Picturing: It was such a delight to attend the wedding reception of my dear college friends Laura & Derrick, who were married last weekend.  I love their love story because I was there for most of the initial beginnings of their relationship.  And also because most of that happened in Europe! These pictures in particular are two of my favorites from that time.  And I was pleased to see that both pictures were included in their photo guest book!




No comments:

Post a Comment