2. I'm thankful for my new camera. Technically, I bought it May 31, but I didn't really get to use it until June 1 (because it needed to charge). I know there is more to life than material things, but I'm thankful when God says "Yes" to some of our wants, too! I've been wanting to get a nicer fancier bigger camera for quite a while, and I found a great camera on clearance for a price I could justify! I LOVE that it takes great pictures, also!
3. I'm thankful for my weekend in Ankeny with my friend Rachel. We had an AWESOME weekend together, and it was so fun to just be friends doing normal things. We're both so busy, it's been too many months since we were able to just hang out. It was fun getting to see her new house (although she didn't actually get the keys until like five days after my visit) and getting to spend Saturday afternoon boating at the lake! I'm so thankful for this wonderful friend!
4. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to celebrate the marriage of my friends Derrick & Laura Hawks! So many marriages this summer, but this one was especially dear to my heart, as I had a front-row seat to their very beginnings in Europe. It was delightful to see them again and to join them in celebration!
5. I'm thankful that communities like mine still exist. Last weekend, I (along with my family) was able to attend a benefit dinner for Danielle. Danielle is one of my sister Helen's friends from elementary school. All through my middle school and high school days, I was involved in fundraisers for Cystic Fibrosis research. Danielle suffers from this horrible disease, and is currently in need of a double lung transplant. The benefit this weekend was to raise money to help fund her medical endeavor. I never heard a final total, but I've heard rumors here and there that a LARGE chunk of cash was raised. I'm thankful that I live in a community that rallies behind one of their own!
No comments:
Post a Comment