Saturday, October 25, 2014

Right Now I'm...

Listening: Don't tell anyone, but I may or may not have dug out my Christmas CD's a few weeks ago.  I LOVE Christmas music!


Watching: Grey's Anatomy.  I never ever thought I could get in to a medical show, but even when it totally grosses me out, I just can't stop! 


Reading: Honestly? I'm still reading Karen Kingsbury's A Thousand Tomorrows.  I know, I know.  I was reading that LAST month, but it's been something I read whenever I have a few free minutes at lunch or waiting for something (like at the dr.'s office or whatever), so it takes a while!


Eating: I switched to oatmeal at lunch a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it!  I cook plain oatmeal with water, then add a little brown sugar and a few chopped walnuts before eating.  So yummy!


Wishing: That fall could stay a little longer!  I love this time of year, and the colors and cool breezes always make me just a little happier.  


Needing: To find out what's going on with my nose.  I had surgery in March, but my nose hasn't felt right since then.  It feels like someone stuffed a wad of gum up there.  Thankfully, I'll be meeting for a second opinion on Tuesday.


Rejoicing: This may seem redundant, but I'm rejoicing in a few things.  1) I'm rejoicing in the great things being revealed to me in our Scripture Seekers!  It's so fun to see things for myself! 2) I'm rejoicing in the fact that the Lord made a season in which the leaves turn bright colors and the air is crisp and cool. 


Indulging: Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer.  I LOVE that stuff in my coffee or hot cocoa!


Loathing: How fast the end of the year will be here.  These next two months are going to FLY by, and I just can't believe how fast it's gone.


Saying: No new catch phrases here.  That tends to happen when I'm away from my sister Helen for too long.


Meditating: Last week in Scripture Seekers, we talked about Simeon, who was waiting for the Messiah.  While my mom got all kinds of other things out of the passage, what stuck out most to me was how Simeon continued to faithfully serve the Lord while he waited.  We have no idea how old Simeon was or how long he had to wait, but he was faithful and devout while he waited.  That was a real challenge to me.


Picturing: Last weekend's hayride at church-


No comments:

Post a Comment