Sunday, November 2, 2014

5 Thankful Things: October

1.  I'm thankful for the weather and colors that come with Autumn!  I LOVE this time of year; in fact, it's my absolute favorite!  There's just something about the crisp, cool breezes and the colorful fall leaves... bonfires and scarves and boots and hayrides.  Just LOVE.

2.  I'm thankful for my best friend Helen being born this month many moons ago.  She's one of the biggest blessings in my life, and I'm thankful that she loves birthdays, too! :)

3.  I'm thankful for a church family that finds fellowship important.  Every October, we have a church hayride and bonfire, and this year was no exception.  I so enjoy the annual hayride!

4.  I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to practice my photo-ing  skills this month. I'm thankful for the camera I was able to buy a few months ago, and I'm thankful for those that entrust me with the taking of their family photos!

5.  I'm thankful that at my last visit to the nose doctor, I was NOT told I needed more surgery.  I'm not entirely thankful for the rudeness and lack of concern displayed, but at least I can be thankful that they didn't recommend more surgery!

I'm also planning to do Thankful November again this year, so here are my first two entries:

Day 1- I'm thankful for daylight savings time!  I know, I know.  Most people are NOT thankful for this because it messes with their sleeping schedules and the whole spring forward thing in a few months, but I LOVE the extra hour of sleep!

Day 2- I'm thankful to be part of a church that has pleasant business meetings.  This may not seem like a big deal to some people, but growing up in a church where business meetings often turned into heated arguments and hurt feelings, I SO appreciate the blessing of a church family that harmonizes!

November is wonderful because it reminds us to be thankful.  Doing the Thankful 30 for the last few years is actually what inspired the idea for my monthly 5 Thankful Things this year.  I hope you take time to recount God's blessings this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment