Listening: I discovered JUST TODAY a song called "You Part 2" by a new (I'm assuming since I've never heard of her before) Country artist Olivia Lane. It's my new jam!
Watching: I started watching "When Calls the Heart" from the Hallmark channel. We watched the movie the other night, and so I decided to check out the TV show. Quite good... and completely outside my usual TV choices.
Reading: I think I'm going to take my copy of "Killing Kennedy" with me on vacation in a few days. Either that or one of my giant Twilight books. Or a good Nicholas Sparks selection. I haven't decided....
Working on: I just {almost} finished my "Cameras & Canvas" project for Prairie Cherie. The fundraiser will be in late August with the proceeds going to the Salem library, I believe. Anyway... it's another chance to display my photography AND help a good cause, so why not!?
Wishing: honestly? I think I'm wishing for nothing. There are many things I could wish for, but I'm really trying to focus hard on enjoying the NOW and the HERE. Stop waiting for things and start embracing the life I have!
Needing: An extra day off between now and vacation? Haha... can you even ask for that? I mean... I just feel like I have a handful of things that still need done, but I DID make quite a bit of headway tonight... hence taking the time to "play" on the internet for a few minutes.
Rejoicing: I was SO encouraged Sunday evening when my pastor texted me to let me know that his 5-year-old daughter could recite to him the Fruits of the Spirit! We've spent 9+ weeks in Children's church learning the 9 Fruits (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, & self-control), and I'm beyond ecstatic that the youngest children's church goer (that was present for all 9 weeks) can say them without help!! How rewarding! Still praising God for that!
Reflecting on: the fact that no matter what happens in my life I can be assured that (1) it didn't take God by surprise (2) it's for MY best, even when it hurts and (3) God has a plan for what's next. So comforting amidst the turmoil that life sometimes throws at us!
Picturing: Vacation. In 3 days. We won't be going the same place, but... here's a snapshot of what we did LAST year...
No comments:
Post a Comment