We've all heard the old adage "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
Six months ago, as some of you may know, I began looking for a new job. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with working at the bank; I just knew I didn't want to look back in ten years and see that I was still there, doing the same ol' thing that was neither fulfilling nor rewarding. So I put out dozens of resumes and had several interviews over the summer. But by the time vacation rolled around in August, nothing had panned out, and I was feeling quite discouraged. So while we were in Colorado, spending hours and hours in the car, I made the decision to stop looking for awhile. I decided to "make lemonade" and be happy at the bank. At least until next spring.
Shortly after we returned from vacation, a new job opportunity came up, and I interviewed for the job. I even went so far as to initially accept the job, which I then turned down the next day. I simply had Z-E-R-O peace about taking it. I couldn't figure out why God was suddenly saying no, but I went with my gut (the lack of peace) and said "no."
That afternoon, my friend Michelle approached me about reading the Bible. There was my answer. God wanted me to stay where I was because I needed a Bible reading buddy, and so did she.
So there I was, busy making lemonade, enjoying my life, when literally out of nowhere, God dropped a new job in my lap. My soon-to-be boss approached ME about working for her. I wasn't even looking anymore, and THERE IT WAS! She (my soon-to-be boss) and I grabbed lunch a few days after she initially approached me, and by the end of our chat, she offered me a job at her State Farm location in Mt. Pleasant! Needless to say, I am ecstatic about this new opportunity! I begin October 1, and neither of us (my soon-to-be boss & me) can wait!
I know its going to be a LOT of work (I need to obtain four different licenses before I can really do what she wants me to do; I'll probably be working on those at LEAST through the end of this year), but I am confident this is where God wants me. It also doesn't hurt that the benefits are incredible and the pay is significantly higher!
Sometimes God says "no" to what we want. Sometimes He says "wait."
And sometimes, while you're busy making lemonade, God says "YES!"
No comments:
Post a Comment