Hi, my name is Lacy, and I’m a failure. I fail every single day. I stumble and fall into sin, sometimes even willingly and/or on purpose. I know God loves me, and that He even went so far as to die for the very sins I commit on a daily basis, but sometimes I live like I’ve forgotten this incredible, indescribable love. I’m sure I’m not alone on this, but I really hate feeling like a failure. I’m so thankful God never gives up on me! I’m also thankful that, as Romans 6 tells us, I’m no longer a slave to my sin. I CAN say no! With God’s help I CAN triumph over my sin!
Since we’re already on the subject of failure, I want to address all my beautiful, fabulous, wonderful, amazing, fantastic girl friends. I get so tired of hearing from all of you about how the guys in your life always make you feel so unworthy, un “worth it!” Don't get me wrong, I love you all, and I always enjoy hearing about your lives, I just dislike hearing about all the lame guys out there. But the reason I get so tired of hearing about it from you is because I’ve heard it from myself for so long. When did others’ opinions of us become SO important? At what point did we stop seeing ourselves through the eyes of our parents, family, and others who love us, and start measuring our worth on what guys think?! But the ultimate question is this: WHY did we stop seeing ourselves through the eyes of the only One who’s opinion truly matters? I love you all very, very much, but I feel the need to have this serious discussion with you. God loves you, I love you, your parents love you, and believe me, we ALL think you’re “worth it!” God proved how “worth it” you are when he died on the cross. Your parents proved how “worth it” you are when they chose to give birth to you. I proved how “worth it” you are by reminding you of these things. With that being said, please remember, and I mean this, that I am always around for you to talk to or to cry with or (when things are going well) to giggle with! God loves you, I love you, and you are NOT a failure.
No comments:
Post a Comment