Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You Can't Stop the Beat...

and apparently you can't stop life either!  I've been so busy lately, and I can't say that I've minded.  When life is busy, there's less time to be bored!

For those of you who read my blog for the insightful, pleasant, and thought-provoking posts... well, this isn't going to be one of those.  For everyone else...

Family Life:
My sisters are keeping me busy… busy, busy, busy!  Lindsey’s life is always exciting; that’s what happens when you have a six-year-old and a military family.  I’m thankful that she chooses me to be her confidant when life gets hard, interesting, or otherwise.  Laura, my bestest friend in the whole world, is a senior this year, so I’m busy working on graduation gifts and other various graduation party projects.  She also recently competed in the area Physics Olympics… so for a few weeks, we had a soundtrack of mousetrap springing to live by.  That was… fun. My youngest sister, Leah, is our sports star… the only athlete to grace the Vance family.  She’s busy with practices, games, and more practices.  She also recently took first place in her category at the area History Day, and will soon be competing at the state level.  My sisters are so talented, smart, and generally awesome!

Personal Life:
Since the name of this blog is Laughs with LACY, you probably want (or at least expect) to know what’s going on in my life. Well, I’m not quite as busy as my sisters: I’m single, not in High School, and not an athlete.  However, I AM single, I have a fabulous full-time job, and I play piano.  These things keep me surprisingly busy!  Ok, being single doesn’t keep me overly busy, but being single does allow me to do with my time whatever I choose.  I’ve gotten lots of reading done lately, as well as ample shopping, visiting, and scrapbooking.  As far as work, our church is hosting the State Meetings next week, so that’s keeping me busy for now.  After that’s done, we have Easter,  then graduations, weddings, and summer!  Pretty sure that equals busy!  I was recently asked to play piano at my friends' wedding in a few weeks, so I've been preparing for that in my "down time," which isn't much.  When I go so long without having time to play piano for fun, I tend to forget just how much I enjoy it.  Oh! Also, I recently was given the spring soccer schedule of a good friend of mine, so game attendance will keep me busy too!  Good thing I enjoy watching soccer!


Spiritual Life:
God has been teaching me a lot in the last few weeks, and unfortunately, I'm ashamed to admit, it's mostly been the same lessons over and over again.  Apparently, I'm sinful AND stubborn.  Not a good combination.  I'm reading through the Psalms (my goal is to read through Psalms/Proverbs twice this year, one chapter a day), and the same thing keeps sticking out to me: the steadfast love of the Lord.  I'm so thankful that no matter how much I may waver, the Lord's love for me is steadfast.  It ain't goin' nowhere!  I would be a sad soul, indeed, if the Lord's love was conditional. How thankful and humbled I am that God loves me no matter what, that His forgiveness, grace, and mercy know no end! 


Well, if you made it this far, kudos to you!  Congratulations for reading the world's most random, boring blog post I've ever written.  I feel the need to share the fact that it's taken me three days of sporadic work to actually get this finished. Guess I really am busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment