Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Grenade

My sister Laura, recently attended her Senior Prom.  She hadn’t planned on going, but when you’re nominated as a Prom Queen candidate… you kind of feel obligated to be there.  So, my sister, the jeans & t-shirt girl, got all dolled up, put on a fancy dress, and borrowed my jewelry.  Dad took her out to eat before the promenade at this fancy (I use this term loosely) little restaurant down town called The Bonaparte Retreat, where he treated her to steak .
I’d like to take this moment to say that I missed this whole production.  I played the piano for a wedding that same day (which by the way was really fun),  but I stayed too long at the reception and never made it to the promenade.  I only tell you this to remind you that you only get one chance to live the moments of your life.  You don’t get the opportunity to rewind and redo;  only to move ahead and learn from your past.
Anyway, while I was busy enjoying a wedding reception, my wonderful best friend and sister was busy being crowned PROM QUEEN!  I was/am still so excited for her!  What an honor to be voted prom queen!  It’s not like she’s one of the sporty ultra-ubber popular types.  She’s just kind to everyone and makes friends everywhere she goes.  She loves the Lord, and she loves people.  She’s wonderful.
So the title of this probably has you wondering what on earth a grenade has to do with being prom queen.  Here’s the explanation.  Traditionally, the Prom King & Queen have an “official” dance.  Well, the song that was played for Tanner & Laura’s official dance as Prom King & Queen was Grenade by Bruno Mars.  Now, for those of you who’ve heard the song, please explain to me how a couple could possibly slow dance to that song!! 
When Laura came home, she had that obnoxious song stuck in her head and was singing it.  My other younger sister, Leah, listening to the lyrics, suddenly says, “I don’t get that song.  How is catching a grenade a bad thing?  Like don’t they do that at weddings all the time.  The groom takes the grenade off the bride’s leg and throws it at the single men, right? So how is that like a destructive thing?”  LOL!!  We laughed our heads off!  And then  we explained to her that the bride actually wears a garter on her leg… and not a grenade.

No comments:

Post a Comment