Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You Make Me Smile...

A picture that can ALWAYS make you smile!


This photo was taken at the Zaanse Schans in the Netherlands- the first stop on our European Chorale Tour in May/June 2010.  My very good friend Laura Bunjer and I stopped here to take our picture with the beautiful windmills behind us, thinking it would make a nice picture... which it would have, had Derrick not stopped to add his interpretation of "nice picture."  We had no idea he was behind us, so imagine our surprise when we reviewed the photo!  So funny! We laughed & laughed & laughed.  On a side note, Derrick & Laura are now dating... :)

On a serious note, God really used this trip in my life in many ways.  Just the simple fact that He chose me to be a part of this amazing trip is astounding.  The short story goes something like this:  I was asked to join the team about a month before their departure date. Everyone else on the team had been fundraising since September; I had just four short weeks to get my passport and the $3,000 of support needed.  God provided every last dime... with about 87 cents to spare!  

I have so many great memories from this experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment