Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Family Affair

To make up for my lack of posting in the last few weeks, here's a post that will include a family update as well as another picture (or dozen) for my Photo Challenge Project.

My family truly is wonderful.  We had such a fantastic time during their short visit for Laura's graduation.  Instead of boring you with details... I'll tell this story using pictures!




On Friday night, we enjoyed a rainy day graduation party.  I love this picture because it is so "Laura!"  Clearly, she is enjoying her party very much!




On Sunday, the big graduation day, we started off by going to church.  I had some major wardrobe malfunctions, and, as always, it ended in tears.  Here we are riding to church with my grandparents.  Laura is trying to cheer me up by telling me how much better she looks than I do.


After church, we took some "formal" shots with the extended family:


Here we are with my mom's sister Lisa



Best Friends



With my mom's parents




One Big Happy Family!
 L to R: Dad, me, Mom, Laura, Grandma, Leah, & Grandpa



Me & My Best Friend Graduate
I was privileged to play the piano for graduation. 


 Dad, Laura, & Mom
Clearly, they are all very happy!


And finally, the Valedictory Speech.  
She had two options:

(A) "Today we are gathered together 
to talk about....ME!
And.....Whirled Peas."

(B) Something about Mirmaid

She went with the mirmaids....

Well, there you have it.  Our big, fancy, wonderful graduation weekend.  A big congratulations to my best friend & little sister, Laura, for not only graduating, but for graduating at the top of her class.  I'm so excited to  spend some quality study time with you next year! 




No comments:

Post a Comment