Sunday, September 4, 2011

And In Other News...

Yikes!  I can't believe I'm already two weeks in to the new school year!  Where on earth did the time go?  I'm really enjoying my classes, or at the very least, I've done a fairly good job of convincing myself (and my professors) that I am.  I started the semester with 19 credit hours (one freebie), but after a little discussion and common sense, I dropped two classes (3 credit hours) and am down to 16. What classes am I taking, you may ask?  Well, here ya go:

  • Composition (a 4-credit writing intensive course for Freshmen)
  • Developmental Psychology
  • Education of Exceptional & Diverse Persons
  • Readings in Literature for Adolescents
  • Spanish I

Three of the five courses also have a service learning component, which means part of my grade will be based on a community service type project.  I have to have so many service learning hours completed in order to graduate, so this is a great way to get some of those taken care of.  The work isn't too hard, nor is it terribly time consuming... at least not yet. I'm sure these things will come.

In other news, Lindsey and Alexxa finally arrived this morning.  Bethy was ecstatic, as was the rest of the family.  Baby A is so cute!  I can't believe how tiny she still is; she looks like a newborn even though she's actually 2 months old (on Tuesday). So stinkin' adorable!  Now I actually get to actively be the favorite aunt of two! I guess we'll see how that goes... having a baby in the house while I'm trying to do homework. :)

Not much else to report.  Yes, Laura is still gone.  She needs to come home, or I need to move there.  Either way would be fine.  I miss her sooooo much!  I haven't seen her in three weeks, which is far too long!  She and I are still both seriously in need of jobs.  Nothing seems to be opening up for either of us, so if anyone out there knows of something, let us know. We're trying to keep ourselves from being anxious.  God will supply our needs (Phil. 4:19), and all we need to do is actively trust and pray (Phil. 4:6).  I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment