Monday, September 19, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

I love this time of year.  From now to the first part of January, I will be {for the most part} a very happy person. It begins with the hint of fall in early September, and ends with the celebration of a new year in early January.  In reality, it's all the stuff in the in-between that I love the most:  crisp, cool (maybe rainy) days, my sister's birthday, Thanksgiving, the day AFTER Thanksgiving, my birthday, another sister's birthday, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and my precious niece's birthday in mid January.
Anyhow, this weekend was the beginning of my favorite time of year.  The weather was simply fantastic!  I love rainy, cool fall(ish) days when all you want to do is curl up by the window, crawl under a blanket, and read a book or watch a movie.  If I hadn't kicked my Spanish class to the curb last Tuesday, I'd have been cuddled up with a big binder of garbage I didn't want to study and my laptop.  Thankfully, instead, I was able to be curled up with my favorite two little girls: Bethany & Alexxa.  My cousin and second best friend, April, and her sister Alisa came over for awhile to watch a movie.  Verrrrryyy relaxing!
On Saturday, I started working the sales floor at Peebles.  I think I'm really going to love my job. After work, I went with the fam to celebrate "Grandma" Edith's 80th birthday.  "Aunt" Nancy was home for the occasion, so it's been really fun catching up with her this weekend.

Well... I guess it's time to get back to the homework for this fresh, new week!  Hope you all have an amazing week!

Alexxa and I ended up matching (for real... it was NOT planned!).  
I sure do love these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment