Today was just one of those days. You know the ones. I love my job, but this morning definitely tested that love. I won't go into the details, but as of an hour ago, apparently the situation has finally been resolved. Anyhow, so it was one of those days that, had I been working anywhere else, I would have left saying, "I hate my job!!!" So in the midst of the turbulent day, I kept waiting for the "I hate this job!" feeling to come... but it never did.
Well, a few months ago, before I got my job at Greenberg's and moved to Ankeny (again), I submitted my application to one of the local school districts down home for any type of job I for which I was qualified. So there I was on my way home from work, reflecting on the day, and my phone rang. It was the principal at one of the schools wanting to interview me for a one-on-one aid job for an eight year old boy. I probably royally embarassed myself, but I just laughed and told her "well... I moved to Des Moines about a month ago, so I'm not really interested. But thanks for calling!"
Many of you know my story and the upheaval my life was in about a month and a half ago. At that time, I wanted nothing more than to stay at home and get one of those school jobs nearby. But God had other plans. Instead of a school job, He directed me to where I am today. It was in those first moments after I hung up with the principal that I realized what had just happened. God was giving me a confirmation that I was indeed following His lead. If the principal had called a month ago, I'd have probably started to seriously doubt my decision to move and work in Des Moines. But today, I felt nothing but complete and utter peace! It was as if God whispered across the heart strings of my soul that His plan is ALWAYS perfect, to never doubt!
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6
What a fantastic end to a
not-so-much fantastic day!
I hope you all have a wonderful week eagerly anticipating the celebration of the birth of our Savior on Sunday!
Till then...
Merry Christmas from the
Lacy behind the Laughs! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment