Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, I Love You!

On Tuesday, I turned 22.  That would be yesterday.  Yesterday, I added another year to my age.  I went from being 21 to being 22.  I must say, I don't really feel all that different... or maybe I do.

I can definitely say that this has been one of the greatest years for birthday celebrations.  As you all know, I've recently moved back to the Ankeny area, and I was expecting this year's birthday to be pretty lamely low-key.  Boy. Was I ever wrong.  The weekend started out with Festival of Carols at Faith on Friday & Saturday evenings, with open dorms also on Friday night.  So. Much. FUN!  I can't even begin... My cousin Daniel, a student at Faith, is in the chorale, so his mom & sister (who is like one of my best friends EVER) came up for Friday's concert.  Way. Too Much. Fun!!!

 Laura, April, Daniel, Me, & Megan...being awesome.

 Me, Alyssa, Laura, & Thomas @ Open Dorms

Saturday after Festival, a handful of us went out to Applebees.  Again, WAY FUN!  My dear friend Sarah came up to see her sister, who also goes to Faith, along with her mom.  Great to see them!

Sunday, I went to church with my sister and all my marvelous Trinity Baptist friends.  Who, by the way, are AMAZING!!!!  Then that evening, I went on out to Ames to hear the chorale sing... again.  Which was also amazing.

On Monday, Laura and I threw a party for me.  A dozen or so of us met over at Faith's dining hall for supper, then we came back to my house and watched Phantom of the Opera.  Also, Laura made my favorite cupcakes and brought candles for both me and my dear friend Ian (who turns 18 on Friday)!  I won't bore you with the details, but I can definitely tell you I had the most amazing day-before-my-birthday party ever.  EVER.  For real.

Last night, for my actual birthday, I went over to Faith for supper. Again. And then my wonderful friend Shelly and I went over to Cafe Diem for some coffee & chat time.  Which was apparently much needed since we talked for about 2 hours solid.  :)

 My cupcakes.... 

 Ian's cupcakes...

 22 & 18 look good on us, don't you think?

The whole gang! Daniel, Caleb, Alyssa, Me, Ian, Thomas, & Laura <3

So thanks to all you wonderful amazing people that made my 22nd birthday one of the best memories of my life.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment