Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Thankful Finale

Well... November has finally come to a close.  Here are my last three thankful thoughts for 2011:

Day 28
I'm thankful that I know my body well.  If I didn't, I would have been in even more physical pain than I was.  As I mentioned on day 27, a whole bunch of us got sick.  Well, I firmly believe that the only reason I wasn't puking alongside the others is that I basically didn't eat anything at all for almost three days.  Believe me.  Today I made up for lost ground.  :)


Day 29
I'm thankful for the people in my life who, even if they've only known me a short time, have realized just how much a kind word or a simple touch can mean to me.  These things can change my whole entire day.  For instance, I was getting a little frustrated yesterday at work because the powers that be were telling us to do one thing, but half our team thought it was insanity and should be ignored and the other half (of which I was a part) thought it was insanity but should be done.  Well, whatever.  So I went to lunch.  HA!  Anyhow, when I came back my favorite person (if that's allowed... probably shouldn't mention that too often here in cyberwebs) on team Greenberg's JCM (Jordan Creek Mall) just said a few quiet words with a pat on the back, and it was like the sun started shining again and life was happy.  All that to say, I'm thankful for these kinds of people.  :)


Day 30

For my final "thought," I kinda have three things:
1) I'm thankful for nights like tonight, where impromptu planning leads to great adventures.  After church tonight, Laura, Daniel, Megan, Caleb, & I went to some park on the south side of Des Moines to see some Christmas lights.  It was $10 admission per car, so $2/person, which wasn't really all that worth it, but since some of the proceeds went to the Make a Wish foundation, I guess it was ok.  Oh yes.  And the glasses.  Highly entertaining 3-D type complimentary glasses that apparently made the lights cool.  So. Much. FUN!!!!

2) I'm thankful for finally feeling like my regular self again!  Being sick makes you appreciate "normal" so much more!

3)  I'm thankful that I took on the challenge of "Thankful Thoughts November" because it has given me the chance to recognize just how much I have for which to be thankful!  I could probably post every single day for the rest of my life, but don't worry... I'm not planning to... :)

Thanks for joining me in my November endeavor to be THANKFUL! Now... on to CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment