Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family Time

I say it all the time, but it's always worth repeating:  I have the BEST family in the whole entire world!  Usually when I say this, I'm referring to my immediate family, but I must admit that it goes for my extended family as well!  I am so incredibly blessed to have amazing family on both my mom's side AND my dad's side.  I don't know any other family that is as close as ours.  Honestly.  I'm sure there are some out there, and I know some that come close, but we have a pretty tight-knit little (ok... large, obnoxious, & HILARIOUS) family.

Last weekend, I spent my entire Saturday with my dearest cousin Daniel and his siblings.  He left on Sunday to spend 11 months serving the Lord in Peru, where he will also be doing his Junior year of college.  So, on Saturday, we gathered to have a "farewell" for him.  On the river.  In Canoes.   Now, for those of you who know me, you know how I generally feel about being in nature.  However, I absolutely LOVE being on the water, so this little nature-venture was great!  Here are a few pics of the crew:


Roster: Aunt Julie, April, Daniel, Joshua, Caleb, Amber, Alisa, David, Lacy, Laura, Leah, Sarah, Megan, & Jared  (Megan is Daniel's girlfriend, Sarah is her sister, and Jared is our friend)

Sunday afternoon, Joshua & Caleb graduated from the local high school:
Congratulations, Josh & Caleb!  
PS- I always had faith in you... lol :)

And last, but not least, I checked on my Mother's Day gift to Mamma:

Looks like they're doing just great!  I told my mom when I gave them to her that I hoped she'd think of me every time she sees them and remember how much I love and appreciate her being my mother and my friend. Looks like a good reminder to me! 

Well, that's all for now!  Stay tuned for more summertime fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment