Friday, May 18, 2012

A Whirlwind of Life

Welcome, friends!  This is the post where I try desperately to play catch-up on life.  So much has been going on lately, and blogging has just consistently been shoved to the back burner (cooking analogy... see what I did there, Helen?). Well... the longer I put it off, the harder it was to actually sit down and blog... because there was even that much MORE to include!  So here is my feeble attempt at getting the last two months out into cyberwebs (mostly for the sake of the family members that actually do read my blog for the sake of keeping up with the Vances), and an upbeat "Life IS Good!" post:


At the beginning of April, the family gathered for Easter.  Since it was fairly uneventful (which is surprising for a Vance holiday), there really isn't much to say about it.  We did, however, get some pretty great family pictures:

(Note for those who receive this via e-mail: if you can't see the pictures, you should probably actually head on over to my blog... which is laughswithlacy.blogspot.com.)






At the end of April, Helen was in the FBBC Spring Drama, and so the whole family came up to see that.  Somehow, I didn't end up getting any pictures at the play, but here's a picture of Alexxa eating a noodle at Olive Garden that same weekend:


The first weekend in May was graduation at Faith.  My dear friend Thomas graduated.  His birthday followed a week later, but since our lives are so crazy busy, we haven't actually celebrated together yet. Oh well... maybe when life slows down? 


Another week flew by, and last weekend we gathered the family together for another celebration.  My other best friend, who happens to also be my cousin, April (aka: Steve) graduated from Nurse Nancy school, so we gathered family and friends together for a small gathering at the park.  Again, pretty uneventful.  After that, we went to Pizza Hut and devoured ten large pizzas.  MMMMM!  


The finale to the evening was gathering at the retirement community's club house for a surprise birthday party for my dear Aunt Julie, who turned...older... on Tuesday.  Aunt Jules was quite surprised, and fun ensued.  I spent most of the evening with my cousin Daniel & his girlfriend Megan.  Family gatherings are the BEST!




We ended the weekend on Sunday with celebrating Mother's Day.  After all, I have the absolute best mother in the whole entire world, so really... I mean... EVERY day is Mother's Day at our house! Last year, I bought my non-green-thumb mother four bright red lily plants because they were less expensive than a bouquet of flowers, and theoretically... they should last longer.  And, thanks to daddy, they're still alive, AND they've multiplied! My mom decided to start a mini flower garden with her fist full of lily plants, so this year I bought twelve more lilies in bright yellow and yellow/red.  They don't look like much for now, but hopefully next summer, we'll have a nice little flower garden of lilies!






Well... that takes care of April & May... for the most part.  I'll try to do a little better at regularly updating.  Till next time... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment