I recently came across this post at Princess of Something (a blog I follow), and I really enjoyed reading it. So... I stole it so I could catch you all up on what's new and exciting in MY life... not just what's going on in my life! :)
Current Books: I just finished Finally & Forever by Robin Jones Gunn. I didn't even know this book existed, although I was sincerely hoping she would eventually finish off this series with something a little more final. Great book! I'm currently reading Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury (which I must say was titled and published LONG before...other... books with similar titles...). Great book about a couple that overcomes tragic life choices (abortion) and finds the redeeming love and grace of God to change their lives. I'm also eagerly anticipating reading Coming Home also by Karen Kingsbury, which is the final book in the Baxter books.
Current Playlist: Well... since it's July, and it's a million and seven degrees outside, I'm listening to a lot of Christmas music. Seriously. It's one of the quickest ways to cool off! I'm also listening to Mandisa's new cd & Jamie Grace's new CD. Oh, yeah, and I'm also listening to Some Nights by Fun. Because it makes me smile... :)
Current Shame-Inducing Guilty Pleasure: Hmmm.... Shame-Inducing? Well... I can't say there's any of THOSE... but I have been eating a larger portion of ice cream lately due to the previously mentioned weather issue... Like the other night when Helen and I ate almost an entire 1/2 gallon buy ourselves... yeah.
Current Colors: Brights. Anything that is bright and bold that goes well under a black dress or shirt. I almost ALWAYS wear black. Oh! And bright pink or yellow sandals! :)
Current Fetish: Pinterest. Just like everyone else out in the cyber webs.
Current Food: Fresh garden veggies! Cucumbers, Squash, & Greenbeans. Soon, I'll add tomatoes, too!
Current Drink: LOTS of water. It's rediculous how much water I've consumed lately. Also, anything iced. Iced coffee, Iced tea, Iced Grape Koolaid... just make sure you serve it over ice.
Current Favorite Favorite: My new family. The one that lives at the Yellow House by the airport. I love them!
Current Wishlist: Enough money to afford my own place.
Current Needs: None. All I have need of, God has provided!
Current Triumph: It should have worn off by now concerning the "triumphant" feeling, but sticking with my June Cleanse for two whole weeks (mostly the excercising) still makes me feel like a winner.
Current Bane of my Existence: Hmmm... I would tell you, but I can't. Anyone that has spent much time at all with me over the last month and a half knows the name of this person...
Current Indulgence: Iced Coffee. If I make it at home, I either a) make chocolate macadamia nut coffee & add White Chocolate macadamia creamer or b) make regular dark roast coffee & add Almond Joy creamer. IF I treat myself to Starbucks, I either do the Mocha Coconut OR the Peppermint Mocha. Or sometimes I treat myself to a Caramel Mocha Frappe from McDonald's and think of my daddy while I drink it!
Current Mood: Honestly? Bored. But also relaxed! It's a 3-person day in the office! :)
Current #1 Blessing: Two families that adore & love me! Couldn't ask for more than that! Also that I didn't get headlice... That almost trumps the two familiy thing... LOL
Current Slang or Saying: Saying "Can I get the bugspray on that?" when asking for the details of something.
Current Picture: from this weekend...at the park... with part of my adopted family & my for-real sister... and also, I didn't center it very well... hence my missing chin... :P
No comments:
Post a Comment