Sunday, August 19, 2012

Excuses

Where on earth has Lacy been?  I know it's been a few weeks since my last post, but I promise you, I have a good excuse.  Several of them, actually.

Excuse #1: Family Vacation!

On August 4, we piled into the family van and headed west to see my mom's side of the family in Nebraska and Colorado.  We spent Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and most of Tuesday in Po-Dunk, Nebraska, with my grandparents and cousin. Tuesday night, we headed to my favorite place in the world: Aunt Lisa & Uncle Dave's in Denver.  We spent Wednesday in Colorado Springs visiting Garden of the Gods and Focus on the Family.  Thursday morning we headed back to Po-Dunk, and spent the evening with my mom's little brother and his family and our grandparents.  Friday, Great Uncle Wally & Great Aunt Marlene (the BEST great uncle and aunt EVER) came down for the day.  Saturday, we piled back into the family van, and headed back to Des Moines. Whirlwind trip? YES!  Totally worth it?  YES!  Too much time with the family? NEVER!


Excuse #2:  Caleb is Gone! :(

On Tuesday, I spent the evening with my Yellow House family.  Why?  Well... Because on Wednesday, they took off on an adventure to deliver my best little brother to Cedarville.  So Tuesday night was filled with "family" time.  And then... the goodbye. The tearful, sad, painful goodbye.  Three months ago, I had NO IDEA that this young man would become such a huge part of my life, but the fact is that he did.  I can't imagine life without my favorite little brother, and while I know that time will go fast, and he's where he needs to be, and that he's gonna grow tremendously over the next few months... well.... I already miss him more than I can say.  And Thanksgiving can't come fast enough. Thankfully, there's skype, texting, phone calls, and facebook! I love you, Buddy!  :)


Excuse #3:  Other Caleb is Leaving, too!

In two very short weeks, Other Caleb, AKA Fogell, is leaving for basic training.  Yeah... another HUGE part of my life is being ripped away from me.  Only THIS part of my life won't have access to texting, or skype, or even phone calls.  Nope, this girl will soon be doing one of the things she does best: writing letters. Letter after letter.  Day after day.  This is where actions speak louder than words. It's easy to say now, while he's still here, that I'll write faithfully with encouraging words and hope, but once he's gone... that's when my words will mean the most because my "words" WILL be actions.

So there you have it.  The latest with Lacy.  Excuses and all.

Here are a few pictures from vacation.... Enjoy!

 At the Park

 At the Lake

 Mud!!

 Garden of the Gods 

 The Girls

 One of Odyssey's Finest: WOOTEN!!!

Whit's End :)


No comments:

Post a Comment