As many of you may know, I've decided to move home. And as promised, here are a few more details on the subject:
A year and 4 months ago, I moved back to Ankeny to take a job at which I am currently no longer employed. I came back to see if living here was something I really wanted to do or not.
I still love the "big city," and I loved having my sister and cousins right down the street. I love my church family at Trinity, and I love the close-knit family I have found there. I have made many friendships and relationships that have changed my life in the 16 months I've been here.
In December, Helen transferred to Cedarville in Ohio, and April moved back home. Suddenly I realized that part of the reason I liked living here so much was because two of my best friends were here too. Now that they're gone, I miss my family even more than I did before. I started thinking about moving home at the end of last summer, and after several key events that happened in the two short months of 2013, I realized that the time had indeed come to move home.
So I began searching for a job. And as only God can provide, I found a great job! After two almost disastrous (due to weather) interviews, God provided an open door to begin working at Pilot Grove Savings Bank! The job comes with great pay and benefits, as well as some pretty great people to work with! I begin on March 25.
I'm hoping and praying that this will be the job I keep long term; that it will be something I deeply enjoy and can be passionate about. I'm praying that this will be the job that helps me get settled into a life routine. I'm getting tired of searching for a job that brings both happiness AND a sense of accomplishment. I think this job will meet both of those requirements!
The hardest part about moving home is leaving people behind. I have made some pretty strong connections up here, and it will be hard to say goodbye. I'm thankful for things like Facebook and texting that will allow me to stay connected to these wonderful people. And I'm thankful that it's only 2 1/2 hours away, so I can get in my car and come up for a visit whenever I feel like it.
I know that this is the right thing for me, and I'm excited to embrace this new life. I will be moving home (literally HOME, as in my parents' house) on March 21/22.
I'm so thankful for God's leading in my life, and this time, I'm thankful that His leading is leading me to right where I want to be:
Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment