I'm sure my three faithful readers are wondering where on earth I've been the last six weeks. I've been so good about updating regularly this year, and all of a sudden, I just hit a rut and blogged the same thing over and over again.
Well, while I still really like the "Right Now I'm..." blog format, I promise, I'm back for some real blogging.
The last six weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y! I've relocated, started a new job, celebrated Easter, and started regularly working out. I know... that doesn't sound very crazy, well at least not the last part, but I assure you- it's been nuts!
Relocating:
Moving home was the best decision I've made since I decided to move to Ankeny. I know that sounds weird, but moving home has been really, really good for me! It's been so great to be with family again, and while I won't admit to it if asked in public, I've actually kind of enjoyed living in the country again. I know. You don't believe me. Don't worry... I'm not sure I quite believe me either. The only glitch I've found so far is that I had to drive all the way to Burlington (50 miles one way!) to pick up the new Michael Buble cd on Tuesday! Talk about a hardship! (Yes, I'm smiling and laughing as I type this....) And just in case you're wondering, it was TOTALLY worth it! To Be Loved is Michael Buble's best album yet! :)
My New Job:
I started my new job at the bank five weeks ago, and I LOVE IT! I started out at the main branch for a few days before moving on to Donnellson for my training. I was hired to work in the Mt. Pleasant branch, and I was positively excited about that.
But...
Sometimes God answers the prayers we're scared to pray. When I applied to work at the bank, I had hoped to work in the Donnellson branch, but they weren't hiring at that location. Then I went there for training, and I kind of just fell in love with it- my coworkers, the patrons, and the small-town way of life. But, oh me of little faith, I didn't even ask God to let me stay because I didn't want to get too attached. I knew I was moving on, so I didn't ask because I didn't want to face disappointment.
But...
Sometimes God answers the prayers we're scared to pray. And while I was supposed to only spend two weeks in Donnellson, I've now been there for five weeks with no indication of being moved any time soon.
PRAISE THE LORD!
Easter:
Easter was great! It was so fun to be able to go to church with my family and celebrate the resurrection of our Lord! After church, we spent the afternoon flying kites and hunting Easter eggs. Nothing too exciting, but a sweet memory nonetheless.
Workin' Out:
One of the hazards of living at home is Mom's cooking. The hazard isn't in the food itself, but in the availability of amazingly great home-cooking and it's direct effect on the waistline. YIKES! I've only been home 6 weeks, and it didn't take much for me to realize that adding a work out routine into my schedule is REQUIRED. I've just been doing a cardio workout video I found (where else?) on Pinterest and lots of sit-ups. I'm trying really hard to make it a daily habit, but so far it's about an every other day kinda habit. Oh well, a girl's gotta start somewhere, right?
Well, that's all I've got for now. Stay tuned for more life!
No comments:
Post a Comment