Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Total Body Cleanse, Part 2

Last June, I did something I called the Total Body Cleanse.  Basically, between June 1 and June 22, I watched no secular tv, listened to no secular music, read only Christian books, and spent extra time in devotions and prayer.  I also drug myself out of bed earlier every morning to go running.  And I attempted to memorize Romans 6. 

I wasn't planning to make this an annual thing, but in the six weeks I've been home, I've put on a few pounds.  Not too many.  Just a few.  Most people don't realize this, but two years ago I went from a size extra large to a size slightly-larger-than-medium-but-not-quite-large in the course of about six months without trying. I had surgery to remove my gall bladder, and six months later I was wearing pants four sizes smaller. I'm terrified of putting all that weight back on, and so even the HINT of weight gain has me determined to make it STOP.  I will NOT put that back on after I lost it all.  

So, I've chosen to make May my "Total Body Cleanse" month this year.  I'm modifying it to my current needs, and since it's MY program, I guess I'm allowed to change the rules. Last year, I needed to focus hard core on my spiritual/mental life.  This year, the focus will be more on my physicality, bit will include the other two categories as well.

Starting tomorrow, I will:
  • exercise six days a week. I can choose any day I want as my "free" day. I will be following a 6-week program I found online. (Physical)
  • Eat healthier.  This means NO soda, NO junk food, & smaller portions. (Physical)  
  • Drink at least 4 glasses of water every day. (Physical)
  • Read my Bible every day. (Spiritual)
  • Finish memorizing Romans 6. (Mental/Spiritual)
This might seem easier than last year's, but I only did 3 weeks last year.  This year I'm doing an entire month, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but May is a LONG month!  Seriously.  Anyhow...

Prayers and encouragement are much appreciated for the next month! Hopefully, this year's Cleanse will be as successful as last year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment