Sometimes things just don't work. You make a plan and think you've worked out all the details. You get started and things seem to be going fine.
Then suddenly, you find yourself being the crankiest of all crankies because you can't eat chocolate.
That is the story of what happened to my "life changing May" project. I'm still working out like I planned. I'm still eating healthier like I planned with smaller portions and healthier options. I did GREAT on the "no sweets" part for about two weeks. And then...
I decided that no sweets at all wasn't working for me. And I got a chocolate bar at church for Mother's Day (because our church recognizes all women over age 18 on Mother's day with chocolate and a flower). And I decided that a little chocolate wouldn't kill me. Eating a square of chocolate bar wasn't going to make or break my "life changing May." So I ate it. And I've eaten several sweet things since then, all in small portions.
And you know what? I don't feel guilty one bit. I'm the only one doing this "life changing May" thing, and so I can modify it when necessary.
All that to say, I'm really LOVING how I feel. I've been exercising a little bit every day since May 1 and have only missed 3 days (which I'm allowed one skip a week, so I have kept on track!). And surprisingly enough, I'm actually ENJOYING eating healthier! I'm excited for our garden to start producing so I can eat fresh veggies, too!
I'll update you again at the end of the month, but from where I'm sitting right now, I'm pretty sure I'll keep up with the exercise and the eating healthier because I love how it makes me feel!
On the spiritual side of this "life changing May," I am definitely struggling with memorizing Romans 6. I think I've only added one verse from where I was last year. I am TERRIBLE at memorization. That's why I hated tests at Bible college that were mostly full of random facts. I am however, still enjoying Romans 6 just as much as ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment