Monday, August 26, 2013

Focus

It's easy to lose focus when life seems to be spinning out of control (which is almost always an exaggeration in my case).  It's easy to have tunnel vision on what's wrong.

In light of yesterday's post, I'm afraid I may have given the wrong impression.

When life gets hard, I don't just fill my mind with random tunes and movies/shows that make me forget my problems.  Those things don't contain the answers.  As much as I enjoy them, they don't hold a candle to the hope, encouragement, and comfort I find in Christ!

Just like every growing Christian, my walk with God can always use improvement. There will always be time I could use to read my Bible instead of (whatever activity I choose). But in the midst of the storm, I find that the harder I run after God, the more peace I have.

This morning, as I was heading back to work (and dreading it very much), before I even left my driveway, I put on Legacy 5's cd It's A Wonderful Life.

SO. Much. Encouragement!!

I also teach children's church on Sunday's at my church, and we just finished talking about Nehemiah.  So as I was humming along with the cd, I was reminded of our lesson from Sunday: I can CHOOSE to do what's right.  Even when it's hard.

And that's what REALLY helps me feel better. It doesn't make me forget my problems, but it DOES help me to face them!

1 comment: