Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sound & Silence

During one of the times I was living away from home, my mom once told me that she didn't worry about me when I called everyday; she worried about me when she didn't hear from me for days... that turned into weeks.

For me, silence is a very good indicator that something is wrong. For someone who likes to talk, most people find this part of my personality very surprising. 

I fully intended to blog about vacation weeks ago. After all, it was quite simply wonderful.  It was everything vacations are supposed to be: relaxing, refreshing, and rejuvenating. I spent the first few days all by myself in my favorite place in the world, then I spent a few more days there with my family.  

THEN, we got home, and I went back to work.

Without going into sordid details, I will just say that I switched locations upon my return to work, and after speaking with the proper personnel on Friday, I think this particular switch will be short-lived.  This is the reason for the silence.   I haven't been myself since we got home from Colorado.  However, I am optimistic that I will be back to my spunky, life-enjoying self very soon.

During these times of silence (which are rare, but do happen), I tend to listen to music or watch tv more than usual.  I think this is because it's easier to forget about my own troubles when I'm caught up in the unreality of some non-existent person's perfect "it always works out in the end" life.

While I was spending two whole days to myself in my favorite place in the world on vacation, I watched all 10 episodes of a new summer show on ABC Family.  This is the theme song, and it has been stuck in my head because (1) it's fantastic and (2) it makes me feel happy:



 (For those of you who receive this via email, the video probably won't show, so I'll just tell you that the song is Where You Belong by Kari Kimmel.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Great, Lacy, thank you for posting this. I'm in a difficult time now, because my mom is ill and I visit here three times a week for 5 hours. Please pray for me and my family.
    Kove Ine.

    ReplyDelete