Sunday, January 12, 2014

NOT New Year's Resolutions

I've always liked the concept of New Year's Resolutions.  There's something great about choosing to make life changes.  However, what I HATE about New Year's Resolutions is that hardly anyone keeps their resolutions.  Usually this is because the resolutions are things that deep down they know they'll never actually be able to keep.

So I don't make resolutions.  Who wants to set themselves up for failure?!  Not me.  That's for sure.

So this year, I made a list of goals. 6 things I want to change in my life during 2014.  2 Spiritual, 2 Physical, & 2 Social/Emotional.  I made sure to keep them COMPLETELY attainable. I've chosen to share these with you for several reasons:

1- the hopes that you will pray for me as I strive to meet these goals this year
2- to have people keeping me accountable
3- inspire YOU to set some goals of your own

My 2014 Goals are these:

Spiritual:
-Read through the entire New Testament (which I've never done as a personal goal)
-Finish Memorizing Romans 6 (I've tired to memorize it twice with one month goals, but never have)

Physical:
-exercise 3 times a week
-lose one pants size

Social/Emotional:
-Use my words to uplift others
-Live peaceably with others

I like that I've given myself an entire year to make these changes.  And I LOVE that they're all 100% attainable! It excites me to think that a year from now, I should be able to look back and say "Yeah!  I DID that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment