Tuesday, I woke up STILL tired.
Wednesday, I woke up STILL tired with an "explode-my-head" headache.
Thursday, I woke up (after 10 hours of sleep) STILL tired with an "explode-my-head" headache AND puffy eyes.
So I went to the doctor and got some medicine for yet another sinus infection. This is #5 or 6 in a year's time. At least this time the doctor referred me to an ENT specialist. I see the specialist in February.
Today, I woke up (after 10 hours of sleep) STILL tired, but minus the headache and puffy eyes. But feeling like a freight train plowed through me.
So I was stuck with the choice: to go to work or not to go... that was the question. I chose to NOT go.
As I laid in bed considering my options, I found myself thinking how unfair it is that adulthood doesn't come with a warning label.
When I was in middle school and high school, all I wanted was to grow up and be an adult. Then I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, wherever I wanted.
But what I didn't realize is that adulthood comes with a LOT of responsibilities. You have to make your own decisions and take responsibility for whatever results those decisions may return. I have to make the decision on when I should and should not call in sick. I have to make the decision when or if to go to the doctor. I have to make the decision on where I want to live and how I want to live and with whom I want to spend my time. I have to choose whether to get an apartment on my own or buy a car. I have to chose how, when, where, and on what I spend my finances. So many choices!
Sure, there are people around that are more than happy to give their opinion on my choices, to offer their guidance and advice, but only ONE person is held accountable for my decisions.
Me.
Only Me.
Don't get me wrong, I like being an adult most of the time. It's part of life. It's part of the growing and learning thing called life. All I'm saying is that they should tell you all of this stuff in middle school; that while being an adult is great, take time to appreciate the days when the only decisions you have to make are which book to read for your book report and what kind of jelly you want on your PB&J.
No comments:
Post a Comment