Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Memories

Memories
by Lacy Vance

Memories hit me in waves:
the memory of your eyes
your smile
your song.

Memories of carefree summer days:
the memory of your laughter
your voice
your sweet companionship.

Memories of joy-filled days:
the memory of swinging in the park
of ministering together
of being family.

Memories of parties and pie:
the memory of late night talks
of tears
of healing.

Memories of our perfect summer:
the memory of dancing in the rain
of hugs
of you.

As I stood in my kitchen talking to my sister tonight, a dull ache arose in my heart. People walk in and out of my life: some I remember with a smile, some I remember with a tear, and some... a handful of the most spectacular, incredible people I've ever known... make my heart ache because I miss their constant presence in my life more than words can even begin to express. My feeble attempt at poetry is the best I can offer.

And yet... in the midst of all these memories... the ache in my heart tells me that maybe, just maybe, our story isn't finished yet.

And I pray that someday, just maybe, we'll get another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment