Listening: I've had mostly Christian music playing for the last week or so. (1) It's helping me speak TRUTH to myself (2) It's helping set my focus for Easter (3) It just makes me FEEL better... starts my days off on the right foot.
Watching: Still have a season and a half till I'm done with Private Practice, but I had such a hankering the other day to watch Army Wives that I started that again, as well. Oh... and last night was the season finale of the Bachelor, so of course, I caught up on that today.
Reading: I finally finished Vision in White, so I've moved on to book 2, Bed of Roses. I also picked up a book during the thrift store outing with the church ladies last week entitled "Bad Women of the Bible," which sounds bad, but actually looks like it will be a very good read!
Working on: This week? My attitude. And being honest with important people in my life. I've done a very good job of hiding some difficult things from... well... everyone (including myself), and Sunday afternoon while talking with my mom, I kind of just lost it. And let it all out. Which was good for me, but definitely showed me that I can't "LIFE" alone... I need my support system. But they can't support me if I'm not honest and upfront and open. I'm working on that. I'm also working on trying to find other ways (besides going to the doctor all the time) to improve my health. Because let's face it: I can't keep being sick all the time!
Wishing: That change was easy. That change didn't require so much hard work and dedication. And that someone could find a way to make me never get sick again (or at the very least, not as often).
Needing: Clear direction from God. And the continued need to speak TRUTH to myself.
Rejoicing: Spring is a mere 5 days away! But as excited as that has me, I'm so THANKFUL for my mom. Sometimes I find it hard to talk to her because I'm afraid of disappointing her. I know she prays for me, and I know that she loves me unconditionally, but having moments like Sunday make me really appreciate the encouragement she is to me.
Reflecting on: I've said it several times in this post, but I've been really trying hard to speak TRUTH to myself. One of those ways is by reminding myself of God's Word and Promises. Helen and I started dedicating one hour a week as "Bible Time" because we both felt like we needed that encouragement from one another. We shoot for Mondays from 7-8 (ish), but so far, that's only worked out once. This week, we went with Tuesday from 7:30-8:30 because that's what worked. Anyway, I'm studying 1 John. Tonight was 1 John 1:5-10. TRUTH: God has cleansed me from ALL my sin. TRUTH: God is always ready to forgive and restore our relationship when I screw up. TRUTH: I must CHOOSE to walk in the light.
Picturing: I can't wait for consistently warm weather, but maybe not THIS warm. I can't look at this picture without feeling all sticky with sweat. It was like 100+ degrees out this day and the humidity was off the charts.... SO HOT!! But fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment