Tuesday, September 18, 2012

And Suddenly We're All Grown Up

  As children, Hannah, April, and I were practically inseparable.  We spent many weekends together playing Little House on the Prairie, School, and having Tea Parties.  We watched movies and sang songs.  We stayed up to the wee hours of the morning and slept late.  Life was good!

This weekend, April and I (along with the rest of my fam) headed out to Nebraska to see Hannah get married.  I hadn't seen Hannah since graduation from College- two and a half years ago!  I can't believe how fast time has passed us by!

The wedding was beautiful!  As soon as Hannah appeared at  the back of the sanctuary, I started crying.  She was SO BEAUTIFUL!  And in that moment, it hit me: we're all grown up.  Somewhere along the way we left behind the childhood joys of "Wedding Day," and we're now grown women attending the real-life "Wedding Day" of one of our own!

Hannah was so happy to see us there, and it was such a special day for all of us.  April and I went with my parents and two younger sisters, and of course, we crammed ourselves into one pew at the wedding, even though we didn't exactly fit.  What a fantastic day!

I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but here we are... all grown up!  I LOVE you girls and will forever cherish the memories we made together as children and the memories we have yet to make as adults!


No comments:

Post a Comment