Sunday, September 2, 2012

Patiently Waiting

I Corinthians 13:4a & 7 have become kind of like a life anthem for me lately.  The words of these very special verses are on constant replay in my head.

"Love is patient.... Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things."

Patience is not something that comes easily to me.  I'm not known for being a patient person, although I'm learning and growing every day.

There are so many things I want to know RIGHT NOW, but I know I'll have to be patient and wait for God to reveal His plan.  I have to be patient as time passes and life changes.  I have to be patient and wait.

But this waiting is a good thing.  It will give me the opportunity to learn what it looks like when love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. The next few months aren't going to be easy. It feels like there is a gaping hole in my chest, and while I don't see this changing, I hope and pray that this time of waiting will also be a time of great learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment