Sunday, September 23, 2012

Almond-n-Cream

Well, folks (yes, April... I said FOLKS), fall has apparently arrived, and I couldn't be any more happy.  I LOVE this weather!

Anyhow, one of my favorite things about fall is the great smelling foods/drinks.  We haven't made this for years, but we used to have it quite often when we were little, so I made a batch today.  And let me tell you, it  is delicious!  We call it "Almond-n-Cream."

Almond-n-Cream (Drink Mix)
1c butter/margarine
1c sugar
1c packed brown sugar
2tsp Almond extract
2c vanilla ice cream (soft)

In a sauce pan over low heat, stir together butter and sugars until melted. Pour into a large mixing bowl; add ice cream and extract.  Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth, scraping the bowl often.

Makes 4 cups of mix

To make:  Spoon 1/4 cup of mix into a mug and fill with boiling water.  Stir well.  Top with whipped cream and nutmeg.

Enjoy!



1 comment: